Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New bars errr well maybe old but they are new to me.

So I picked up some old bars at a swap meet. Not sure what they are off of. There is a little pitting so I can tell they are a few years old but not ancient. They look like a taller and slightly wider version of the buckhorn bars you would find on a Sporty Hugger. So I chopped them up. Took out about 4 inches out of the center and now I am making them fit 7/8" risers. I couldn't find a better way to d
o it but since the 7/8 bar was fairly thick I took it to a grinder and made it a little thinnner on each end acting as a slug. This should make for a nice strong set of bars and give me more surface for welding.

No comments:

Post a Comment